Speyer74 Speyer74

Huh, you didn't post it on Ludum Dare Jam! You would have gotten more people to listen to your message. I thought the mood was really good: You set the stage well and allowed your message to be the focus of the game. :)

That being said, polish can never be understated. Even if your point is only to say something to the viewer, the viewer will be way more likely to listen if they feel immersed without distractions from clunky physics and such.

It's good though! I hope more people understand it for you!

WiLD11 responds:

Thank ye Zanz! Love your work ^_^

Fleeing the Complex Fleeing the Complex

You did it again! I just love how much work you put into these - it's amazing :D

I also love your use of references to pop culture and stuff. You really have a great sense of humor. It's definitely the highlight of the game and how the story unfolds.

Excellent work.
10/10, would fail again. ;)

PuffballsUnited responds:

Thanks man! I like making references, especially subtle ones.

TrapTower TrapTower

Excellent game! At first I wasn't sure if every play through was possible, but it seems like you're doing something strange with timing. Can't tell for sure, haha, it's not quite obvious. All I know is I feel like I am getting better at it as I play. And it sure is brutal, that's for sure!!

The controls worked fine for me. I thought you should have kept all of the mouse controls in, because i enjoyed using the mouse at first... but it seems like you were having a hard time fixing that so don't worry :)

Graphics were nice! Music fit well! Game play went pretty smoothly. Yey!

Keep up the great work man!

Cluster Cluster

Wow this experience feels very inspired by Terry Cavanagh's games, haha. Flash colors, steep difficulty, funky music, simplicity, and replayability. Excellent!

At first, the mechanics didn't seem to work well together from a design perspective. But that's what makes it what it is: unique and challenging :] Good work, and good luck!

Definitely a great idea! Good luck!

TWHGFM TWHGFM

Hey Danidre! Here's a nice long review for ya!
Disclaimer: I didn't beat level 5, haha.

Overall I think it's a pretty nice fan game! It's definitely a rage game, that's for sure, and the design is not too bad.

But there are some huge issues that you should consider addressing.

First off, and most critical, is the collision. You have to be a bit more conservative with how big the hit boxes are on things. When using box collision with circles, you need to make the hit box smaller or else there will be a lot of false collisions (it's very important for a game like this, haha).
Another thing with the collision is how you handle walls. Snubby was nice enough to allow the player box to "snap" to a wall if it's "close enough." which obviously is helpful in situations where you're trying to be quick.

Patterns... you did very well with patterns in levels 3 and 4. But in level 2 particularly, you have 4 circles moving around in a pattern that is very hard to memorize, let alone track (since they all have different loop timing, so they swap around and stuff). You don't have this issue in later levels, but it's super annoying to address in level 2. It's more about brute forcing it and hoping to get lucky that the phases are in your favor, which is a really bad design.
That one in level 5 that travels around the block is okay, but still not really consistent with the rest of the game.

Levels 3 and 4 are much easier than 2 (probably because of the above reason). That could be nice to give the player a break, but it might be more reasonable to ramp the difficulty as normal. I mean it's hard enough as is, right? xD

Score boards don't work. That's a shame because it would be really cool to see some competition. Medals would be really cool too because it adds pressure on the player to beat the levels.

There's a typo and clearly an issue with the text box values. You might want to thoroughly test for small things like that before you release ;)

Anyway, besides all of that, the game is neat! The reason I rage quit on level 5 is because the collision was just getting too annoying. I would have liked to see how the game ended :D!

I did NOT in fact have lag though, so that's good! I hope you can fix that for other people since it seems to stop them from enjoying it.

Overall 5/10! :D

danidre14 responds:

WOW! Detail! XD

I understand what you say, with collision. I did, however, fix the collision in World 2-4 using new code, but I doubt anyone has made it there before.

I'm sorry about your problems with level 2, and 4. It took me a while to get the hang of it. ^_^.

How does the score boards not work for you? They work perfectly fine for me: https://twitter.com/danidre14/status/567133546188263424

Also the text box values were meant to be set to null and undefined at each level's intro, I'm surprised you actually found that out. :3

The lag on a user's computer, I think, is basically due to the fact of having many tabs/programs up, on a not so fast OS.

I do plan on making a video of me beating the game, will have over 100 deaths, though.
My bro and neighbour (both 12), both took chances playing it, and after an hour, with over 500 deaths, they got stuck on World 4 level 2, in which I checked in the editor, the last coin was in a wall! XD

Thanks you for voting, and thank you for playing! :D
Any further info, you can just contact me on twitter, and I'll send you a video link if I do beat the game! :3

Run From Wade Run From Wade

11978!
You crazy, bro. x)

Grumpy Beaks Grumpy Beaks

Well that's a creative twist, haha! It deserves love, no matter how ridiculous it was anyway <3
Good job!

Terrible Teeth Demo Terrible Teeth Demo

Such a delicious game so far!
The sound effects, art, and design of it work together so well, it's highly impressive. Keep up the great work!

Alphaland Alphaland

Woah Terry, why haven't I played this sooner? I love the concept, since it brings such a neat sense of mystery and discovery. The debugging text and stuff is perfect, and gives it a really cool personality for a game. The elements within it surprised me, after I realized it's clearly much more than first meets the eye.

Totally great fun game :)

Santa Run 2 Santa Run 2

This is really well done, I love the mechanics you added :)
Merry Christmas!

whileworking responds:

Thanks, happy you like it! :)