Rick and Morty: The delicious taste of ice cream Rick and Morty: The delicious taste of ice cream

This is fantastic! My roommate and I loved the animation, we had a laugh and definitely were left impressed :)

You did an insanely good job bringing the scene to life in the same style of the show. The movements and expressions were definitely spot on - it seems you spent a lot of time making sure of it (I saw your rigs and stuff! Very impressive work!!). I love the little references you hid in the wonderfully drawn backgrounds, which gave a (purposely long-drawn) conversation some extra entertainment value.

I think the only thing I'd really recommend improving is the lip sync. You can shift the weight of when the mouth changes to give certain moments better impact, since speech has a sort of swing to it. It felt slightly off in a lot of parts throughout the animation.

BUT hey the quality you managed to reach as a side project is too impressive for me to even want to nitpick it. :D

(Someone said you got a job at Adult Swim below?? That's insane! And very well deserved. Your attention to detail alone for this fan animation allows you to stand out)

Clerick responds:

Lipsync is something I'll keep working on, really haven't had much work on that as I'd like, thanks!

Milk Drive Milk Drive

HA well done man! It's a cute little story. Top notch animation and audio :D

Animation vs you(the viewer) Animation vs you(the viewer)

Hey super well done with this! You really stayed true to Alan's style. I guess it helps to learn from the legend himself! :)

Your animation was really well timed, and the ideas worked well together. You have the principals down pretty well, I think. In particular, I really loved your use of the subscriber count for the ammo, haha. That was awesome!
I also thought the audio was fine, mostly because that's how Alan's original videos sounded. It just made it fit that much better alongside the collection. Check your audio export settings in Flash though, because I think people would receive it better if at least the music was clear. No worries.

Anyway, if you practice more with blocking out animations (like the walk animation) and paid attention to fine details within the animation style, you'll be all set for your future projects and studies!

Keep up the awesome work! :D (As a side note, the link got me good - it's been a while haha!)

awesomea900 responds:

Many thanks! i will try to get better.

lol sorry that i got you with the link, thanks for being a good sport.

Pixoji Pixoji

This is a fantastic little puzzle game! I like the mechanics and how it gets progressively more difficult with all the new complex rules added every few levels. Very well done!

One thing I thought could be improved is the mistake system. I think it could be replaced with a hint system (or "check progress" button that will tell how many mistakes you made) while retaining the same intentions you had for it. This is mostly because I've accidentally clicked a few times when I didn't mean to, and got solutions (or penalized) unintentionally. I also would like to click buttons to try them out without having the intention for them to be final answers, but that's not possible with the mistake system you have. It's just a minor preference worth mentioning :)

Also I'm very curious on how you generated levels based on the art. Did you create a program to help you out with that? That stuff is really interesting to me. If you did it manually, then I'm equally impressed. Either way, the levels were really clever and challenging, and I'm having a great time playing through! :D

Speyer74 Speyer74

Huh, you didn't post it on Ludum Dare Jam! You would have gotten more people to listen to your message. I thought the mood was really good: You set the stage well and allowed your message to be the focus of the game. :)

That being said, polish can never be understated. Even if your point is only to say something to the viewer, the viewer will be way more likely to listen if they feel immersed without distractions from clunky physics and such.

It's good though! I hope more people understand it for you!

WiLD11 responds:

Thank ye Zanz! Love your work ^_^

Fleeing the Complex Fleeing the Complex

You did it again! I just love how much work you put into these - it's amazing :D

I also love your use of references to pop culture and stuff. You really have a great sense of humor. It's definitely the highlight of the game and how the story unfolds.

Excellent work.
10/10, would fail again. ;)

PuffballsUnited responds:

Thanks man! I like making references, especially subtle ones.

For A Small World This Place Sure Has Big Problems [LD38] For A Small World This Place Sure Has Big Problems [LD38]

Ahhh extremely well done!

The melodies have a nice neutral tone while still being catchy. But the way you produced and structured the track created a mood that is incredibly well captured.

Well done again! :3

TheFatRat - Monody (feat. Laura Brehm) TheFatRat - Monody (feat. Laura Brehm)

Wow! How cool is it to see you on Newgrounds!

This track is one of my all time favorite tracks - it combines many different types of music with an incredibly beautiful melody, and it's just perfectly produced.

Fantastic work! I can't wait to hear more from you :D

-Dance-Off- -Dance-Off-

Love when the main melody takes the spotlight. Sound design is fun too! Really great job!
I'd say, finish it up and throw it in an album some time. It deserves more ears ;)

FITE ME BICH FITE ME BICH

Hey nice work man! Excellent use of animation techniques.
Looking forward to seeing it in-game! :)

Luis responds:

wow who are you!

Darkeater Midir Darkeater Midir

One of the leads at my work clicked this image on a Google search for the Midir.
I was like "oh neat, it's ThemeFinland" :D Awesome art!

Yummy Lizard Yummy Lizard

Hey! Solid piece of art dude!! Is there a story behind this that I missed?

TheEvaluh responds:

Nah, this is all there is. Thanks man