Contact Info / Websites
I'm a college student now. I'm living on campus with 5 other roommates at a technical university. I'm getting a degree in Computer Science. More specifically, my courses revolve around game software development. I'm going to college for game dev!! WOOT!
Anyway, things are pretty insane. My progress will be greatly fragmented. I'll probably focus on the Mine Blocks AS3 port (porting Mine Blocks will take a long time).
I'm also working on a new game! Yep! Lab Lights 2!! Here's an image announcing it:
This image isn't really showing much of what will be new. I don't want to spoil everything, but there's at least be another "player" and some cool mechanics with lasers. :3
Stay tuned! I can't wait to get this game going further. The hardest part right now is coding those 2x1 crates. Pushing them up and down stairs? So many corner cases!
Well anyway, that's about it! Obviously I've been too busy to do Ludum Dare (first time I've missed it since I started participating), but hopefully Lab Lights 2 will make up for that.
Thanks! Comment and stuff if you want - it'll help me get used to working from college. Since technically game dev is my hobby-job... jobby. Sorry, haha bye. XD
Mine Blocks 1.26 has just been released!
It now has skins, minecarts, slimes, lemons, dozens of bug fixes, and a huge improvement to performance! I hope you guys enjoy! :D View the entire changelog
Thanks so much for the constant support everyone! Have fun with the update! :D
Hey hey hey!
I released my first ever album, The Place That Takes Shapes! It was made all in February for FAWM. It's hyper, it's weird, it's me in a nutshell! In general, it's Trance, Orchestral, Chiptunes and Dubstep.
(View on SoundCloud or Bandcamp)
Here's the mix and visualizer I made for the release! Enjoy!
Also - and I'll put the bad news at the bottom so no one notices it - I'm not going to Pico party this year. It breaks my heart but I guess last year was all I could ask for anyway! I'll stop by the chat to contribute a happy emoticon or two :)
WOAH. WOAH! :O
Guys!! The 1000 Newgrounds fan milestone has been achieved! Whoohoo! *Throws confetti*
This is a great opportunity for me thank you all so much for being my fans and followers! I am seriously super thankful for your support and your feedback! I am often inspired and encouraged by you guys to improve my abilities and make more awesome stuff! :D
Here's some information on what I've been up to lately:
What's going on with Mine Blocks?
Mine Blocks was put on hold for a while to make room in my schedule for Mine Blocks 2. But now I've been working on it again! I've added a really exciting feature that you guys have been requesting for ages... and I'm dieing to release it! xD We're getting closer to an update, but there's still a lot of stuff to organise first. :)
What's going on with Mine Blocks 2?
Mine Blocks 2 seemed to be going smoothly, but I've run into a lot of small issues that make it practically impossible for me to continue smoothly. I've been attempting to learn C++ these past few days, but it's extremely frustrating. If I can't push myself to learn C++, I might try Java. Bleh, it just stresses me out. I'll try to take it easy for a while. ;\ I just don't like seeing that April Fools update the last thing live, and I just feel really bad for not being able to keep up with it :C
Secret Box - SpongeBob remix - Listen!
If you're a SpongeBob fan, you might like that 'dubstep' remix of a classic SpongeBob episode. If you're not a SpongeBob fan, it probably won't make much sense, but you might like it anyway. :3
Well ZanzCode is a project I've been working on. It's going okay! I can't wait to make some good progress in it. ;)
What else is going on?
- Well next month is FAWM - February Album Writing Month! I might try it out if I have enough time. Making 14 tracks in 28 days sounds enticing, but I don't know if I can manage it at my level. We'll see! x)
- Also, I'm still extremely interested in a Convey sequel, and I have a great concept for it that I want to start working on soon. Again, your feedback is really encouraging and I definitely want to keep giving you guys more of what you enjoy playing ;D
- The concept for a Str1ngle sequel will need some thought before I'm going to start it. I have a lot of work on my plate, and starting ANOTHER new project right now will be a bad idea.
- School. xD
Welp that about sums it up! Thanks again everyone! You guys really rock!!
Happy New Year Newgrounds! It's really been another fantastic year for me.
In summary, I made 4 games, 10 real tracks, a couple websites, and one amazing trip to celebrate Pico party. I've gained a lot of knowledge and made a lot of awesome friends. Thank you so much, everyone, for being so supportive and kind!
I wrote a huge post on my website about everything I did this year. Check it out; it's color-coded and organized!
I hope 2014 is another fantastic year!
See you there! - Zanzlanz
First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for your really kind feedback on my Ludum Dare submission, Convey. I would have never thought I'd get 32nd place out of 2213 games, in Ludum Dare.
You guys are also responsible for getting me my first daily feature. So thank you! Your support means a lot! <3
And thank you Tom, as well, for putting Convey on the front page! I highly doubt the game would have gotten the rating it did without your help.
Attention game devs!
I made a simple site to help you quickly and easily test how well your textures tile in your browser! It's meant to be a convenient way to check for seamless tiling, and it's already helped quite a few people!
Just paste, drag and drop, or load the image into the site, and it instantly tiles it for you. Also, control the scale of the texture to see details or the big picture.
-- TextureTiler.com --
It works best in Firefox or Chrome, but does not support IE.
There's a Twitter page for it too, if you're interested in receiving update notices, or to send direct feedback on the site: Twitter.com/TextureTiler.
Lastly, I want to mention that my site is working properly again. For a few weeks it's been acting slightly odd... but now it's back to normal. Sorry to everyone that was inconvenienced by the issues; it is definitely my top priority to keep my content running and in healthy condition! :D
Mine Blocks 1.25 was released yesterday! I hope you enjoy!
Play Mine Blocks 1.25
(2D Minecraft in Flash)
The major new features include:
- Stairs and half slabs!
- Spawn eggs!
- Better redstone!
- Tons of bug fixes!
See full change log.
Wow it was amazing to meet all of you talented, awesome people at the Newgrounds Pico Day Party! I really enjoyed the experience. I hope to do it again next year, definitely. :D
So, as some of you saw at the party, I was working on my Ludum Dare submission. I finished the prototype. Feel free to check it out below. I will want to post it on Newgrounds when I'm actually done with the game, which is probably going to be quite a while.
Thanks to everyone, especially Tom and his crew, for creating such an amazing community. Happy Pico day! <3
Wow, March has been a crazy milestone month for me!
Your support means a lot to me, and I appreciate having friends and fans as amazing as you guys!
While I'm at it, I might as well give you a short update on everything:
- As of lately, I've been working on multiplayer for Mine Blocks 2. There is some significant progress, but there's still a really long way to go. Most of my friends run it perfectly, although some randomly disconnect... or other strange stuff happens.
- I've also been working on Mine Blocks. Unfortunately, the update is going really slow due to some big changes I've made to redstone and collision. This update will probably take a lot of time.
- Did you hear about FLIPTRIS, my most recent release? I will eventually get around to adding medals and high scores to it, and uploading it to Newgrounds. I've been preoccupied though :)
- I'm making new tracks too! They sound pretty good! I'll get around to finishing and uploading them soon, as well.
- I've started some other cool projects, but they're going pretty slow as well. Everything is slow, and it's annoying me right now. Don't worry though, I'm not programming any less than I used to :) So, please stay tuned!
So that's the scoop! Thank you for everything! Comment, message, and friend me - I'd love to hear from you :)
Hello my friends!
It's actually been a while since I've posted on here (again). Sorry :D
So, I should have mentioned this earlier, but I've made a new game called FLIPTRIS, but I haven't posted it on Newgrounds yet because I want to get medals in the game first. And, sorry, I'm just not in the mood to get around to it at the moment.
You may play it on my site here!
Many of you are probably wondering about Mine Blocks, so I'm more than happy to announce a few things!
First of all, I need to notify you guys that there are a couple instabilities in the last update, which I apologize for :(
- Zombies and skeletons crash the game underground, during the day. To fix this, turn the game on peaceful mode. Sorry! It was a simple coding typo that I should have noticed before I uploaded. :\
- Running into a skeleton's arrow inside of a block locks your X (and maybe Y?), so you can't move. A strange way to fix this is to either hop into a raft, or ride a pig.
Second of all, if you didn't notice on Twitter, Facebook, or Reddit, it is confirmed that there are going to be half slabs and stairs in the next update!!! :D
They are fancy, indeed, however the new collision engine may need some tweaking in the future. It's not 100% perfect, I don't think, but it's a long step ahead of the old one :)
I'm currently working on a new game. I have a picture of it below ;)